This recipe is just bursting with color and flavor. Feel free to add in more summer harvests like capsicum to add more nutrition and texture to your salad!
About 10 servings
- 8 ears of sweet corn, husks removed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 250gm fresh baby spinach, stems removed
- 250gm cherry tomatoes
- 1 small tub ricotta cheese or tofu ricotta (see our "Salads & Dressings" page for tofu ricotta recipe)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Place the ears of corn in a pot big enough to fit, and fill with enough water to cover the ears by about 2 inches. Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 8-10 minutes, or until the corn is bright and soft.
Drain the water through a colander and run the ears until cold water. Cut the corn from the cob, cutting as close to the cob as possible.
Place all the corn in a large bowl. Toss with the remaining ingredients until evenly mixed, drizzling the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes over the salad as you mix.
Chill for one hour before serving. Serve cold.