A delicious healthy dip or spread and great for the kids' after school snacks. This recipe is easy and very quick to prepare.
- 1 can of organic chickpeas (400g)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon tumeric, ground
- 10-20 drops tabasco sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 bunches of basil/parsley, optional (adjust amount to taste)
- ¼ - ½ cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- A little water if required for consistency
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender until makes a smooth consistency. Use a little water if required to make it the consistency you would like.
- Serve with corn cakes or rice crackers/cakes.