Babaganoush is one of my favourite dips, easy to make, healthy and delicious.
- 1-2 Eggplant depending on their size
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Approximately 2 Tblspn Tahini
- Grill the whole eggplants on a BBQ on low to moderate flame, turning regularly as the skin blisters & cracks. It usually takes about 25-30 minutes to complete. Set aside in a metal bowl to cool, juice may weep from the eggplant as they cool, retain the juice.
- When eggplant have cooled cut off the tops & scoop out the flesh from inside the skin, discard the skins.
- Add salt, lemon juice and tahini to the eggplant flesh.
- Mash ingredients together with a fork to blend. If too thick add some of the juice from the eggplant you gathered while it was cooling.
- Taste for the desired amount of tang from the lemon.
- Chill & serve with crusty bread, crackers, salads...well just about anything.
- Basil and Cashew Pesto (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- BBQ warm sweet potato 'man salad' (WF, GF)
- Beetroot and lentil salad (WF, GF)
- Carrot, Coconut and Walnut Salad (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Chickpea and Mint Salad (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Dairy-free tofu ricotta cheese alternative (GF, WF, DF)
- Green hummus (WF, GF, DF)
- Mediterranean eggplant salad (WF, GF, DF)
- Queensland summer salad (WF, GF, DF)
- Red quinoa salad (WF, GF, DF)
- Roasted Beetroot Dip (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Rice salad (WF, GF, DF)
- Summer corn salad (GF, WF, DF)