I love this easy salad with its crunchy chickpeas and fresh tasting mint.
- 1-2 cans (400gm) chickpeas
- 1 bunch fresh mint (alternatively use basil, parsley, dill or french tarragon)
- 3 Tablespoons Oil (Flaxseed, Olive or Grapeseed)
- 3 Tablespoons Vinegar (Balsamic, Red Wine vinegar or Apple cider vinegar)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped finely
- 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Finely dice the mint and garlic.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Serve with a medley of salads such as our BBQ Warm Sweet Potato salad
I can't tell you how yummy chickpeas are when they are freshly sprouted and made into this salad, they taste nutty and crunchy & there are no adverse effects that beans can have on the tummy!!
- 1 cup chickpeas sprouted for 3-4 days (they will expand to about 2 cups). See our Easy Sprouting section