Healthy and light, this ricotta cheese substitution is great for pasta dishes like lasagna, manicotti and ravioli, and it also works well in vegetable bakes and casseroles. This is also refreshing as a cool and creamy addition to a fresh salad.
For strict vegans who do not consume honey, using agave nectar works as well.
Makes 2 cups
- 2 blocks extra firm silken tofu, approximately 700g
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- In a small bowl, mash the tofu with a fork or crumble with your hands.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Ricotta will keep for 3 days in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.