This combination of salad ingredients is one of my favourite for a easy, quick and crunchy salad.
- 2 large or 3 medium carrots, tops & tails removed
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons caramelised balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch of basil, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of macadamia oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- In a food processor, finely grate the carrots.
- Toss the coconut and basil into carrots and mix.
- Warm a small frypan and toss the walnuts in caramelised balsamic vinegar until coated and sticky. Leave to cool and the break into small pieces again if they have stuck together. Don't overcook.
- Toss walnuts through the salad.
- Mix vinegar's and oil together and pour over salad mix.
- Serve and enjoy!