Pea & mint soup is a refreshingly light, delightful tasting soup ideal for any season.
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- Saute onion, garlic, oil in a medium pot. I recommend you use a pot with high sides so the stick blender can blend without mess.
- In a blender, blend cashew nuts and 1 cup hot water until smooth and creamy.
- Add frozen peas to pot. Add boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Don't overcook or peas will go brown.
- Add cashew cream to the soup and reserve a little for a garnish.
- Add salt and mint, blend the soup with a stick blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with a garnish of mint, cashew cream and warm croutons on top.
TIP: When purchasing peas, be aware that "minted peas" only contain mint flavouring, not actual mint
- Carrot soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Chilled tomato soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Creamy mushroom soup (WF, GF, WL*)
- Dairy-free Cream of Mushroom Soup (GF, WF, DF)
- Lettuce soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Mushroom and oregano soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Pea & Mint Soup (dairy free)
- Pumpkin soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Red lentil and vegetable soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Spicy potato soup (WF, GF, DF)