A quick, easy and nutritious meal to warm you up!
500g mixed vegetables (Eg. potato, onion, beans, peas, cauliflower, brussel- sprouts, cabbage)
2 small apples
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp coriander
½ cup coconut milk (more if required)
Place vegetables, apples and spices in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cook until vegetables are soft.
Add enough coconut milk to vegetable mixture to reach desired consistency.
Serve with flat bread (recipe below) and/or rice. Sliced banana with lemon juice or fresh pineapple can accompany this meal.
Exchange cumin, turmeric and coriander for curry powder and cinnamon.
Mix together 2 cups buckwheat or millet flour, ½ to 2/3 cup slightly warm water, 1 tsp. tamari and some caraway seeds to make slightly firm dough.
Shape into small balls, dip in flour and roll out thinly.
Cook in hot, greased, non-stick pan approximately 1 minute each side.
- Aromatic nut roast with tomato molé (WF, GF, DF)
- Basil & lemon risotto (WF, GF)
- Caribbean sweet potato gratin (WF, GF, DF)
- Carrot and nut loaf (WF, GF, DF)
- Channa Masala (WF, GF, DF)
- Coconut curry rice with tofu (GF, WF, DF)
- Dal makhani (WF, GF, DF)
- Eggplant and chickpea casserole (WF, GF, DF)
- Italian Vegetarian Lasagne (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Macadamia stuffed Mushrooms (WF, GF, DF)
- Mango, pumpkin and chickpea curry (WF, GF, DF)
- Millet and cashew pilaf (WF, GF, DF)
- Millet stuffed pumpkin (WF, GF, DF)
- Mushroom and bean burgers (GF, WF, DF)
- Mushroom and goat's feta risotto (WF, GF)
- Mushrooms filled with spiced quinoa (WF, GF)
- Paneer and vegetable curry (WF, GF, DF)
- Pigs in a blanket (WF, GF, DF)
- Pumpkin, apricot and tofu risotto (WF, GF, DF)
- Pumpkin, Spinach, Ginger & Tofu Curry (GF, WF, DF)
- Stuffed zucchini (WF, GF, DF)
- Tofu patties (WF, GF, DF)
- Tomato and mushroom ragu with polenta
- Vegetable curry with flat bread (WF, GF, DF)
- Vegetable paella (WF, GF, DF)