The zucchini fruit is low in calories and contains useful amounts of folate, potassium, manganese and vitamin A. This dish combines the zucchini's refreshing quality with a nutty, flavoursome filling that is light but satisfying.
4 small zucchini
1 1/2 cups red onion, diced
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
2 cups carrots, grated
1 cup mushrooms, diced
1 cup broccoli florets, diced
1 cup almonds, finely ground
2 tablespoons tamari
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out and dice the centers. Reserve the flesh for the stuffing.
In a large frying pan, sauté the onion and ginger in the olive oil over medium heat for 5 -10 minutes. Stir in the carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, and reserved zucchini flesh, and sauté 5 - 10 minutes more. Add the almonds and tamari and sauté for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat.
Evenly stuff the zucchini halves with the sautéed vegetables and place them on a baking tray. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes until golden on top.
- Aromatic nut roast with tomato molé (WF, GF, DF)
- Basil & lemon risotto (WF, GF)
- Caribbean sweet potato gratin (WF, GF, DF)
- Carrot and nut loaf (WF, GF, DF)
- Channa Masala (WF, GF, DF)
- Coconut curry rice with tofu (GF, WF, DF)
- Dal makhani (WF, GF, DF)
- Eggplant and chickpea casserole (WF, GF, DF)
- Italian Vegetarian Lasagne (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Macadamia stuffed Mushrooms (WF, GF, DF)
- Mango, pumpkin and chickpea curry (WF, GF, DF)
- Millet and cashew pilaf (WF, GF, DF)
- Millet stuffed pumpkin (WF, GF, DF)
- Mushroom and bean burgers (GF, WF, DF)
- Mushroom and goat's feta risotto (WF, GF)
- Mushrooms filled with spiced quinoa (WF, GF)
- Paneer and vegetable curry (WF, GF, DF)
- Pigs in a blanket (WF, GF, DF)
- Pumpkin, apricot and tofu risotto (WF, GF, DF)
- Pumpkin, Spinach, Ginger & Tofu Curry (GF, WF, DF)
- Stuffed zucchini (WF, GF, DF)
- Tofu patties (WF, GF, DF)
- Tomato and mushroom ragu with polenta
- Vegetable curry with flat bread (WF, GF, DF)
- Vegetable paella (WF, GF, DF)